Sunday, April 18, 2010

Dear A,

At least the weather wasn't so cold that the snot coming out of your nose froze, leaving a silvery streak of freeze-dried-snot on your upper lip. I'm thinking that's not in fashion in Paris. That said, I feel like I'm constantly up to my ears (or should I say, nose?) in snot? I remember looking at kids and seeing runny snot all over their faces and thinking 'aw man, that is gross. It's called kleenex and guess what, it's not a new invention!'

But now I understand it. Wiping snot away from kids' faces is just a futile way of cleaning up. It's like a hoarder moving one box of crap from one room to another...useless, the junk is still there. And so it goes with my kids' runny noses. Perpetually there, so ultimately, it's a cost savings to not use kleenex and just let the snot fall where it may (most typically, on the left arm sleeve of the coat or shirt they are wearing).

Sigh...I also lick their runny ice cream, another thing I thought I'd never do.

Love, D

No comments:

Post a Comment